A full HOME is not just a house pulled together into a beautiful interior kaleidoscope of décor. In representing sellers and buyers of HOMES, we can assure you that the outside of a HOME is very important. A full HOME involves the whole property – the interior and the exterior. Unfortunately, we often see where time, energy, and resources have focused on capturing the potential of a HOME’S interior, but left the potential of a HOME’S exterior unfulfilled. It doesn’t matter whether a yard is big or small, the exterior design is much like the border of a puzzle: it frames the whole picture. It also adds value!
Spring is beginning to emerge, and it is a perfect time to step outside and bring a few pieces together. We suggest the patio outside your doors: create a sitting area that invites you to sit down and put your feet up. Below are a few key elements, beyond the ‘hardscape’ of chairs and tables, for making a stellar and inviting sitting area.
- Plants: tall and short, varied in color, and a mixture of pots and hanging baskets
- An outdoor carpet that connects the furniture pieces. This brings a big pop of warmth!
- The little knick knacks for end tables and coffee tables that we take care to do inside as well.
- Good cushions: full, quality, and comfort are the big tickets. Either bring color and pattern in with the cushions themselves or with throw pillows.
- Lighting: small white lights or even small table lamps
Remember, this is like a puzzle – built piece by piece